The word “Judo” in Japanese means “gentle way”, and that is exactly what Judo is all about. It is not about throwing wild punches or kicks, instead it involves using throws, chokes and joint locks to overcome the opponents.
Using minimal efforts, a judoka can derive the maximum efficiency in his moves, and successfully overcome a much bigger opponent than himself. But the “minimal effort” part doesn’t come as easy as it sounds. For that you must have access to a proper technique, and a well designed body fitness and conditioning program.
That is where Matt D’Aquino’s impressive “Workouts for Judo” program comes into the picture.
Having competed at Olympics (Beijing 2008), Matt has the experience and the know how to what goes into making a successful and better judoka.
In our “Workouts for Judo” review, we tried to confirm as much, and it won’t be an exaggeration to say that we were astonished with just how effective his judo workout routine actually is!
Workouts for Judo by Matt D’Aquino Review
Before we begin analyzing the goods and the not-so-goods of the Workouts for Judo routine, it is imperative that you are made aware of what exactly is this program all about.
Workouts for Judo is a top quality fitness regime that has been written and developed specifically for Judo. With this program, you get to work on your judo fitness and conditioning, and achieve extraordinary results within a short duration. The entire program has been developed by Matt D’Aquino, who himself is a Judo Olympian and a highly skilled Pro level Judo wrestler, author and coach.
Based on more than 11 years of experience accumulated by training with the best coaches and athletes all over the world, Matt has designed some very efficient judo workout exercises to help judokas taking part at the state, national or international level tournaments.
A detailed overview of “Workouts for Judo” is provided below that will help you gain an in-depth knowledge of the entire program. Take a look!
The entire “Workouts for Judo” routine comprises over 30 Judo specific workouts and fundamental fitness exercises, to help you gain the agility, strength and superior Judo fitness, that you aspire for. Here is what you get on purchasing the “Workouts for Judo” package.
1) Exercises for Judo – A comprehensive manual detailing and describing the best judo exercises, along with step by step instructions and visual cues (photographs).
2) Fundamental Fitness – Explains all the physical attributes required to excel at Judo, and the importance of being faster, fitter and stronger for Judokas.
3) Recovery – Helps you discover the importance of stretching and eating recovery foods, that help your body regain the energy and fitness level post a training session or a fight.
4) Workouts – The main part of the Workouts for Judo fitness training program. In this part, you learn 30 judo specific workouts that ensure you perform better on the mat and stay at your best during a fight.
5) Journal – A workout journal that helps you keep track of all your judo workouts and the number of hours spent practicing judo.
But that’s not all. Upon purchasing Matt D’Aquino’s “Workouts for Judo” program, you also gain immediate access to 4 special bonus contents!
Bonus #1: Advanced Workouts for Judo – Recommended only for judokas who have already successfully accomplished the (basic) Workouts for Judo program. In this manual, Matt teaches you the harder and spirit crushing judo exercises, that will push your body beyond its comfort zone and to the absolute limits!
Once you are done with the “Advanced Workouts for Judo” program though, you will find your core strength, stability, power and mental toughness to have increased outstandingly!
Bonus #2: Maximum Grip Training for Judo – Over 35 grip training exercises are included in this bonus module, where you learn to strengthen your grip as well as dominate the opponent’s grips, and finish off a gi choke without any hassle. Ask any judoka, and he will tell you the importance of having a strong grip and gripping technique to finish off a fight.
Bonus #3: Instructional Videos – An entire series of judo training videos is enclosed as a bonus item, where Matt demonstrates each and every judo exercise described in both the “Workouts for Judo” and “Advanced Workouts for Judo” manuals. Having a visual guide along with the written content, helps to learn the advanced steps in a proper manner.
Bonus #4: Competition Preparation – An extra bonus which is provided by Matt D’Aquino. In the Competition Preparation module, Matt reveals all the tips and tricks that he “himself” applied to become a successful athlete and Judo Olympian. During the course of this module, Matt also talks about the 3 problems players face during a competition, that makes them freeze up or perform below expectations. His discourse on “Competition Preparation” explains how to warm up properly, and what to do before and during a fight, to ensure that you emerge victorious every time you are on the mat.
What does the “Workouts for Judo” program do for you and your game?
With these judo specific workout exercises, you not only become faster, fitter and stronger, but also learn how to develop and considerably improve your judo game. Here is how the “Workouts for Judo” fitness and conditioning program works wonders for your judo fitness and skills, within 30 days of using the program.
– It helps increase your overall fitness levels and conditioning
– It instils a greater ability of endurance, thus, allowing you to last longer during fights
– It increases your strength (both judo strength and core strength), and improves your body’s ability to generate maximum power as and when required
– It imparts a much improved full body balance and coordination
– It helps you achieve a greater agility level, that makes it harder for opponents to throw you on your back
– It vastly improves your grip fighting skills, by increasing your foot and hand speed
– It helps you learn and train like a world class judoka, without using any expensive equipments or enrolling into pricey private lessons. All you need is the “Workouts for Judo” training manual, and your very own dojo or a basic home gym!
What makes the Workouts for Judo program stand out from other similar Judo workout exercises? Does it work any better?
Unlike the other Judo workout fitness exercises that are already out in the market, Matt D’Aquino’s “Workouts for Judo” is based purely on HIS own personal experience gained by competing at the highest level of Judo as a sports.
It is also different (and much more trustworthy) than all those marathon or triathlon fitness routines, that prove to be no more than just a fad in the end. Workouts for Judo is here to stay, as can be proved by judokas from all over the world who are ready to vouch by Matt’s judo routine’s efficiency and effectiveness.
Ask Duke Didier (Pro MMA fighter, US Open Medallist), who compares the drills prescribed in “Workouts for Judo” to a solid 1 hour of Randori session, and how it helps him stay game-fit all the time! Then there is Ivo Dos Santos (2012 Olympian and 6-times Continental Judo Champion). Ivos has been training with Matt for over 11 years, and he knows for a fact that Matt’s judo specific routines are the best when it comes to supreme fitness and conditioning.
So far, so good. But who all could/should give it a try?
The Workouts for Judo training program is specifically designed and developed for everyone who is -:
– looking to improve their judo fitness and conditioning.
– want to gain considerable judo strength, endurance and agility.
– want to improve their body balance and coordination.
– want to learn the secrets to how to train like a world class judo athlete.
– want to last longer during the 1 hour Randori session or the entire 2 hours of Judo session.
– want to become mentally tough to be able to win the final rounds of tournaments across levels.
Before we wrap up our “Workouts for Judo” review, here is an all-inclusive list of the Pros and (possible) Cons of using Matt’s judo specific training program.
– Expert and athlete backed judo specific workout routine
– Provides all the latest and most effective judo training exercises to be followed
– No need for additional judo training equipment
– No need to enrol in an expensive gym or enlist a personal trainer
– Being completely in digital form means you can access it from anywhere
– Excellent value for money (the entire package costs just $47)
– 60-day money back guarantee
– Requires effort to keep up with the prescribed judo workouts
– Results might vary player to player, based on the effort and time invested in the judo workout exercises
As a previous Olympian, Matt D’Aquino’s abilities as a highly skilled judoka was never in doubt. The question we had was whether he is able to translate his on-mat success to on-screen ability to teach others. Be assured, Matt comfortably succeeds on this front as well! His “Workouts for Judo” program is absolutely sensational, and 100% technically sound.
The entire approach to developing a judo specific fitness regime is truly professional, and the teachings described in the “Workouts for Judo” and “Advanced Workouts for Judo” manuals are truly world class. What’s more Matt has thrown in a lot of bonus content, that only increases the attractiveness of this entire package. Plus the fact that all of the content comes at a very reasonable price of only $47, makes the entire bundle a definite must-have for every judo player and enthusiast!