Running (and more importantly, winning) a marathon race is nothing short of climbing the Mt. Everest. A marathons tests every ounce of your strength, will power, stamina and technique, before it can be conquered. Because of its sheer distance alone (26 miles without halting), the race becomes extremely challenging for runners on all levels. But then, challenges are what make winning a marathon such a, well, marathon achievement…
Being of such an epic nature, the marathon simply doesn’t allow for any room for error either, whether it is before or during the race.
There are a lot of things that can go wrong over the course of running and preparing for a marathon, not the least important of which is choosing the right marathon training program for yourself.
You simply cannot afford to go wrong in your selection of the best marathon training program for an upcoming marathon, and discover midway during the training that you have actually chosen a program which was never meant for you at all!
That’s why you need to find the best marathon training program for you, that focuses on you as an individual runner and prepares you in conformation with your strength and weaknesses. But how does one find the “right” kind of marathon training program, considering that there are already so many in the market and all over the Internet? More importantly, does that kind of program even exist?
Well, luckily there is one such program that WE know of, and can vouch by its reliability. It is called the 100 day Marathon Plan, and has been designed and developed by Marius Bakken.
Who is Marius Bakken?
He is a 2-time Olympic marathon runner, who has successfully competed in marathons all over the world. Marius also holds the incredible distinction of being the second fastest non-African 5k marathon runner in the world, for two consecutive years. Having competed and completed most of the major marathon races around the world, Marius decided to take a break and enrolled in a medical program to become a physician in 2010.
In a (very non-serious) attempt to help out a friend who was about to run his first ever NY City Marathon, Marius developed a hybrid of Kenyan-Italian marathon training techniques – his own 12 week marathon training plan. Amazingly enough, the plan worked and his friend came in the top 600 besides losing almost 20 lbs during the 12 weeks of beginner’ marathon straining program!
This revelation came to Marius back in 2005, following which he continued to develop and refine the 12-week marathon training plan until he was successful in creating the ultimate product – the 100 day Marathon Plan. Right. So much about the background of the training program. What exactly is this 100 day Marathon Plan? What all things does it entail?
Well, here is everything about the program presented for you in our 100 day Marathon Plan review!
The 100 day Marathon plan is a very modern and complete training system for marathon runners, that has been developed by Marius Bakken, a 2 time Olympic runner himself.
It offers an extensively detailed plan for both the actual running sessions and the rest of preparation leading up to and including the race day.
Marius describes his marathon training program as a “faster, safer and far easier” way to train than most other such programs.
One which is capable of slashing the entire run time drastically, decrease training-related injuries and eliminate burnouts. What’s more, the entire 100 day marathon system works equally well for beginners and hardened pros alike!
Significance of the “100-day” part in the entire marathon training plan
100 days is what most experienced marathon runners put aside for training for an upcoming marathon. A 100-day period is considered to be the most optimal duration, which allows athletes to be at their peak on the race day without spending too much time doing high-intensity workouts. However, this doesn’t mean that everyone MUST complete the entire marathon training program in 100 days only.
In fact, Marius’s training program allows for the flexibility to be completed in as shot a time as 60 days or as long a stretch as up to 150 days! Either way, the results of the 100 day marathon plan remain the same for everyone.
How does the 100 day marathon plan work? Who is it for?
No matter what your experience or individual fitness level is, the 100 day marathon plan has been designed for everyone. This, and the fact that it is a “complete” training plan (unlike most of the other half-baked marathon training programs out in the market), make it stand out in the crowd. The entire program also benefits hugely from Marius’s extensive background in world class training methods and his medical degree, and is able to advise on things such as a proper diet, how to prevent and heal injuries.
The 100 day marathon plan prepares you by helping you discover :
– other traditional methods of marathon training are considered to be obsolete and not so effective any more
– how by making a minute change, you increase your chances by 67% to remain injury-free during the entire training plan
– what are the 2 best ways to choose the right workout schedule for you, specifically
– 3 ways to lose weight while marathon training
– the best way to control your training intensity level and find your “perfect” training zone
– the special tip that helps you remain essentially injury-free, while improving your running form dramatically
– 3 ways to treat minor injuries, before they become major ones
– the Kenyan marathon training technique, that grants them incredible strength
– the proper nutritional diet you must intake, in the days before the race
– the most common reason for incurring injuries pre, post and during marathons
– how to avoid sweat rolling into your eyes during running a marathon
– how to “fine tune” the prescribed marathon training plan to your needs
Phew! Is there anything the 100 day marathon plan has not covered?! Apparently not. Like our review (and more importantly, Marius Bakken himself) said that it is the most complete and extensively detailed marathon training program out there. Marius has very skilfully developed this “smart” and very modern approach towards training for marathon, that you can adopt by paying only $47!
Presented is a comprehensive list of every thing that you get along with the purchase of Marius Bakken’s 100 day Marathon plan.
1) Eight different training schedules, ranging from a beginner’s marathon training plan up to the sub 2:45 veterans only training plan. Specifically speaking, the eight training schedules feature a 2:45, 3:00, 3:15, 3:30, 4:00, 4:30, 5:00 and a pure beginners finishing time plan.
2) Specific list of workouts based on your heart rates and specific running time, thus ensuring that the training intensity level remains in the optimal range at all times. No chances of any health risk or injury or burnouts!
3) 15 instructional marathon training videos, where Marius provides a comprehensive walk through all the schedules and explains the core principles that most other training programs tend to miss completely.
4) 10 additional informational videos, that describe how to choose the right footwear, improve your running form and how to use a strength training program to complement your marathon training system.
5) 120 pages of unique informational content, that walk you through the entire marathon preparation plan.
That is not all though, with the purchase of the 100 day Marathon Plan, you also gain access to some very useful and valuable tools and resources along with exciting bonuses and freebies!
Additional Tools & Resources:
Marius has created 4 very special calculators that help you –
i) Calculate exactly how much you should eat and drink during the marathon, based on your goal time, prevalent weather and your body type.
ii) Calculate the exact speed at which you must run, in order to achieve your “target” finishing time.
iii) Choose the best training schedule (out of the 8 prescribed in the package), simply by assessing your 5k/10k/half marathon running time.
iv) Assessing your injury risks based on your BMI.
Bonus #1: A members-only access for marathon-training-schedule.com, that allows you to post your questions regarding the training plan in the VIP section and get it answered by Marius himself.
Bonus #2: Six bonus weeks of marathon training program that includes – a 3 week introductory and a 3 week post marathon training plan
Bonus #3: Free lifetime product updates.
How effective is the 100 day marathon plan? Does it work as great as it looks?
Definitely. Everyone from a marathon rookie such as Martin Samdal (Marius’s friend who urged him to develop the 12 week marathon training plan back in 2005), to veteran runners such as Per Oscar Holm-Olsen (186 time marathon runner) and sub-2:30 marathon runner, Marty Dalton are ready to vouch for its effectiveness.
The 100 day marathon training plan’s list of successful users and fans include doctors, physicians, military men, and professional marathon runners. Each of their testimonies can be read on Marius’s website dedicated to the 100 day marathon training plan – http://www.marathon-training-schedule.com.
Before we lay out the summary of our entire review, here is a brief list of all the Pros and Cons of the 100 day Marathon Plan as per our understanding.
– A truly complete training marathon training plan that entails all the aspects of pre and post marathon training
– Well backed by research and medical knowledge
– Designed to be equally effective for everyone regardless of age, gender, skill level or body type
– Exceptionally fast and safe way to attain faster marathon times (as well as lose some weight along the way)
– No travelling, no additional expenses to be incurred
– Excellent value for money
– 60-day, 100% money back guarantee
– Results vary from user to user, depending upon the level of effort and time put in the program
Imagine being able to consult a top professional marathon training coach, or a 2-time Olympics marathon runner and getting him/her to chalk out an entire marathon training plan specially designed for you, all at a cost of just $47! That is exactly what Marius Bakken has done for you.
He has brought every bit of his years of experience as a professional marathon runner and extremely relevant and useful medical knowledge together, to develop this unique and very effective 100 day Marathon Plan. The entire program covers every minute and major aspect of running a marathon and the do’s and dont’s for the periods before and after the race.
You know the program is going to work because it has been created by a marathon runner himself, and an Olympian at that. What’s more, there is practically only zero risk involved as Marius promises to refund every penny of your money, in case you are not completely satisfied with the program over the first 60 days of using it. An obvious win-win situation!